Tuesday 4 August 2009

Unit Blog

Hello guys,

It has been a long time since I posted on this blog... And I can see that you guys are having some issues... I will not say it is a totally bad thing, there is good to it too... You guys are trying sort out your differences and I hope you will be closer to each other... However, being a frequent reader of this blog, I find that the tagboard is more of a battlefield than a "Hi's and Bye's" section... So I hope this entry will clear a few things up...

Firstly, when this blog was set up a few years ago, it was aimed to be a tool to improve communication within the Unit... It is for cadets and officers to put up notices, announcements and also acts as a stage for cadets to share their experience from courses/activities with the rest of the Unit... I find that being informal is fine in blogging as long as we set a limit for ourselves and not go overboard... So far, I find the posts acceptable and is an interesting read at times...

The second thing I would like to bring up is the issue of discipline and how we portray ourselves to the rest of the world... This blog is accessible to others because it is a public blog... Using vulgarities, be it censored or uncensored, it unacceptable... I may not be your CLT but I am still an officer of NCDCC and I will not allow such behaviour from ANY cadet... Should I see any re-occurrence of such behaviour, I will personally call up your officer and make an official complain against you... And all of you should know that I dare do whatever I say so do not try me...

Thirdly, regarding the Unit email... I understand that there has been issues regarding where the comments are directed to and as to how to contact EVGSS NCDCC should anyone need to... The emails should not be directed to any personal email of a cadet... It should be directed to an email that all blog members and officers should have the password to... The reason behind this is simple... This is a Unit blog... The officers should have access to all information regarding the Unit and that includes it's blog... Should any serious issue be brought up by a reader, the officers should be aware of it... For this reason, all emails in the new email address may be read but should not be deleted so that if any serious case comes up, it will be easier for the officers to gather the facts and arguments... I have created a new email, which you can now find at the contact us section and the password is the same as the blog's... However, do take note that the email used for logging into this blog is still the same...

Lastly, regarding the blog skins... If you guys want a nice blog skin, why not all of you go and find them, decide on one, then apply it to the blog... Is that not a better solution???

I hope you guys can discuss instead of fighting next time... Bye!!!

Your ex-Sir,
CLT Suhairi Roslan

No comments: